~WDD~

You know the constant moving stream of news at the bottom of the TV while the news is being reported?! Since its World Diabetes Day, the news was streaming how it's an estimated 366 million people fighting against T1 and T2 Diabetes. Found this on the news site.

It's crazy. A close friend of mine recently informed me one of the young boys she used to nanny was recently diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. He is an active young boy who's life has been altered by 'da 'Betes from Hades'. Hey I was training for 1/2 marathon when it hit me. Ugh. My brother was 12, when he was in a coma for some days from a blood sugar over 1000 -when he was inevitably diagnosed with T1 Diabetes. A friend from church was 3 when she was diagnosed, and has dealt with some complications throughout her young life from the awful disease that wants to destroy.

It's imperative to bring awareness to this growing disease which has extreme affects such as blindness, amputations, kidney failure, nerve damage, and death. We need a cure. I HATE how I have to take into consideration how my blood sugar needs to be in a certain range to be able to have another baby. I have to lead such a controlled, disciplined lifestyle with what I consume. Diabetes isn't something I can deal with later, if I do that, I suffer from high blood sugar, feelin' like poo, and mood swings!

All that said, one thing is for sure, I know my God is bigger than any trial I may go through fighting T1 Diabetes. My faith remains strong, the joy of the Lord is my strength on my own tough days, and with HIM all things are possible!

Since the diagnosis 2 years ago, I have learned some key things as I fight against T1 Diabetes:

Perception is a HUGE factor in facing a life altering event. Attitude is everything.

The truest change only comes from the peace the Creator freely, lovingly gives through Christ. It's been an intimate sacrifice to be exposed, be authentic, and vulnerable----Relationship with my God. Fearless abandonment in the One who molded me in my mother's womb has given me more freedom and fulfillment than ever.

Faith is the foundation in which one can be challenged, stretched, humbled, refined, and in my life lead to the most personal growth I have experienced to date. I also thank God for my church and pastors who teach the word of God with integrity, boldness, truth, and Love.

I stand firm that I am a imperfect daily work of progress. This scripture is proof that my God continually molds me everyday:

Philippians 1:6
Amplified Bible (AMP)

6And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.


Diabetes won't lead my life, I will. After all, I already have Victory. So here I am sharing my slice of the sugar free pumpkin pie, to bring awareness and advocate for the cure of Diabetes. Spread the word- Word.

Check this out .

Naomi

Comments

  1. I think you do a great job of not letting diabetes take over your life. This is your story and it's a good one.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if I can just get even more disciplined, it will be great! It's just such work.
    Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment