The Strength that Keeps Me Moving Forward-Day 2

*2/16/2012-started this blog but wasn't sure why, until now...

Proverbs 4:20-23
Dear friend, listen well to my words;
tune your ears to my voice.
Keep my message in plain view at all times.
Concentrate! Learn it by heart!
Those who discover these words live, really live;
body and soul, they’re bursting with health.
23-27 Keep vigilant watch over your heart;
that’s where life starts.
Don’t talk out of both sides of your mouth;
avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip.
Keep your eyes straight ahead;
ignore all sideshow distractions.
Watch your step,
and the road will stretch out smooth before you.
Look neither right nor left;
leave evil in the dust.

Growing my Faith has been like peeling back layers to an onion to plainly put it. Specifically relating to the Diabetes, God is so gracious and shows me as I walk this out; the connection of my faith and everyday actions, the words I speak, the power behind my words, receiving my healing, and that idle hands do not bring victory. I am inspired by God's word to be the best me.
In managing Diabetes numbers are vital. The high and low numbers of blood glucose. The average numbers where the glucose is in the form of A1c. The number of pokes from checking the glucose. The number of needles used to administer appropriate dose. The number of times to go the the Doctor to check progress of management. The numbers of carbs in a serving and the number of servings consumed. The numbers of the dosage administered to cover the amount of servings consumed. The numbers of the times to check and re check the numbers. A revolving door that continues...

If I am not careful to redirect and meditate my thoughts to what Gods word says, I can and have felt that my life is dictated by numbers and that can feel sort of like imprisonment and frankly, depressing.

In Proverbs 4:20-23, God plainly tells me to keep my focus straight on him and His word, for it IS healing for my body. The Word is the medicine I need to stand steadfast in FAITH through my Jesus. I break free from that spiral of "stinkin thinkin" by thinking on only good by standing firm on discovering God's truth in my life through his Word. If I spent most my time focusing on talking about what Diabetes has done, or does, or how much it takes from me; I find my joy depleting. I cannot allow myself to stay there. As Sweet Brown would say, "Ain't nobody got time fo dat!"  

Don't get me wrong, I do talk about it, and think there is healing found in letting it out. Where I have the biggest issue is allowing T1 Diabetes to be center in my life that I don't want.
The silver lining as I discover more about my faith on this journey is as I daily commit to controlling the numbers of Type 1 Diabetes management; is what I am physically doing is what I am spiritually called to do as a servant to the Kingdom of God! Everyday is a choice. Perspective matters. I don't always want to check the sugar, or give myself a shot before I eat, nor do I always want to read the Word to feed my spirit, or walk in love when someone is being a jerk. But that's the beef: it's all a choice how we react. We must all find the key to giving us hope, strength, peace as find ways to maneuver around challenging obstacles in our lives. If we think on good, it will produce good, even in the midst of a hard trial. 

I choose to educate people about Diabetes because it is important for people to know. Knowledge is power. I don't ignore Diabetes and pretend it isn't there, I do what I have to do.  I want to encourage others dealing with T1 Diabetes and be a contributor to bringing awareness. If I can bring awareness through educating myself and others, sharing my story, Faith, and humor; I will do it! So many are depressed, and hopeless. I can say there are days I have taken on all the emotional burden of the Diabetes from Hades. The ONE thing that sustains me is knowing with God all things are possible to those that believe. I believe and I keep pressing forward, stronger today than the day before.
--

Blessings-

Naomi

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for sharing Naomi! Your are such a strong woman of God, and I admire you and look up to you for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet. Thank u Carrie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment